Apr 11, 2017

{BIRTHDAY WISHES} Guest Star Stamper with The Color Throwdown


I'm super excited to be the Guest Star Stamper for this week's challenge over on {THE COLOR THROWDOWN} challenge blog!  The challenge colors are some of my favorites, I can't wait to see what everyone creates with them.

The colors for this week are coral, yellow, green, and white:


I created a birthday card with a giant cupcake and candle for making a big wish.  The cupcake die set is from Paper Smooches.  The sentiment letter dies are from My Favorite Things.

I used Distress Ink to create a quick watercolored background in a pinky/coral/orangey shade.  I cut the cupcake shapes twice, once from patterned paper and once from thick kraft paper, and layered them together.  I inked around the edges and popped them onto the card using foam tape for extra dimension.  I finished it off with a few coral pink and iridescent sequins.


Be sure to hop on over to {THE COLOR THROWDOWN} blog to see all of the designers' inspiration creations and to play along in the challenge!

* * * * *

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

1 comment:

Lisa H. said...

oh my! this is a darling birthday card. love that cupcake. congrats on joining us this week.