Apr 21, 2017

{HELLO, BEAUTIFUL}

I recently bought this gorgeous "Peonies On Parade" stamp set from Papertrey Ink, after searching the hundreds of pretty floral stamps available right now from so many different companies.  It was hard to choose, but I couldn't stop thinking about watercoloring this set, so I made it mine!


I stamped the images onto watercolor paper and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I then painted them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, water, and a paintbrush.  I followed a color challenge, which fit perfectly with what I had in mind for these stamps.

I cut out the images arranged them over a die-cut paper panel, inlaid with a lighter patterned paper, both designs also from Papertrey Ink.  I added a stamped sentiment from Altenew's "Meadow Flower" set, and a few silvery sequins to finish it off.  It was hard to capture the true brightness of this card in photos, but it's super cheerful and lovely in real life!


I'm linking up to these fun challenges:

{COLOR THROWDOWN} - 439 Red Orange Yellow Purple
{SIMON SAYS STAMP WEDNESDAY} - Showers or Flowers
{PAPERTREY INK: Make It Monday} - Pattern Behind Die Cut Window

Thanks for visiting!
Luvs,
Annie Rose

4 comments:

lainey said...

This is just beautiful! Love the brightness of your colors.

Vickie Zimmer said...

Those flowers are gorgeous!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Gayatri said...

Oh WOW! Beautiful cluster of flowers. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Showers/Flowers challenge. Gayatri xx

Bast said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the use of the white embossing powder instead of the traditional black. It really pops!

KimMJ